Current Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Branch Librarian (Part Time)
Location: Cabri Branch Library
Start Date: As soon as possible
Rate of Pay: $14.49 (Step 1)
Branch Librarians are responsible for the day-to-day activities of their branch and work independently under the supervision of the Rural Branch Manager. Branch Librarians require a thorough knowledge of library procedures and policies. They supervise one or more library assistants.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Internet searching
- Familiarity with the Chinook Regional Library website and the library circulation system is an asset
- A strong familiarity with, commitment to, and understanding of the community and it’s needs is a strong asset
- Understanding and appreciation of the philosophy of public library service to people of different ages and cultural backgrounds
- Able to stand for periods of time, able to bend and shelve books, able to move library furniture as needed, able to lift boxes of books up to 18 kg.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants will be required to obtain an RCMP Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check, as a condition of employment.
Please apply in writing outlining your qualifications and experience to Andrew Moore, Rural Branch Manager, at email@example.com on or before Friday, June 9th, 2017. For further information, please contact Andrew Moore, Rural Branch Manager at 1-306-773-3186.