Those who leave and those who stay
Audio Book on CD
In this third Neapolitan novel, Elena and Lila, the two girls whom readers first met in My Brilliant Friend, have become women. Lila married at sixteen and has a young son; she has left her husband and the comforts her marriage brought and now works as a common laborer. Elena has left the neighborhood, earned her college degree, and published a successful novel, all of which has opened the doors to a world of learned interlocutors and richly furnished salons. Both women are pushing against the walls of a prison that would have seen them living a life of misery, ignorance, and submission. They are afloat on the great sea of opportunities that opened up during the 1970s. Yet they are still very much bound to each other by a strong, unbreakable bond.
0 available of 1 items
- Ferrante, Elena. Amica geniale. Spoken word
- Ferrante, Elena. Amica geniale. Spoken word ; bk. 3.
- Neapolitan novels
- Neapolitan novels ; bk. 3
- audio disc (approximately hr.) : digital, MP3 ; 4 3/4 in.
- digital optical stereo
- audio file MP3
Other Title: Storia di chi fugge e di chi resta. English
- This MP3 CD audiobook will only play on CD players adapted for MP3 format.
- "Tracks every 10 minutes and by chapter"--Container.
- System requirements: CD/MP3 player or PC with MP3-capable software.