"Rachel Ray" is the story of a young brewer, Luke Rowan, who travels to Baslehurst in an effort to protect his interests in the Bengall and Tappitt brewery. There he meets and falls in love with a young woman named Rachel Ray, to the dismay of many who intended otherwise for the young man. This short novel offers an entertaining account of life in a small English town in the mid-nineteenth century, but more importantly illustrates Trollope's animosity towards the newly industrialized England and the demise of such Victorian values as nobility and service.
- Devon (England) -- Fiction.
- Electronic books.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.
Genre: Love stories.
Other Authors: hoopla digital.
- 1 online resource
- text file
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.