E.T. the extra-terrestrial
Henry Thomas plays Elliott, a young boy living with his single mother (Dee Wallace), his older brother Michael (Robert MacNaughton), and his younger sister Gertie (Drew Barrymore). Elliott often seems lonely and out of sorts, lost in his own world. One day, while looking for something in the back yard, he senses something mysterious in the woods watching him. And he's right: an alien spacecraft on a scientific mission mistakenly left behind an aging botanist who isn't sure how to get home. Eventually Elliott puts his fears aside and makes contact with the "little squashy guy," perhaps the least threatening alien invader ever to hit a movie screen. As Elliott tries to keep the alien under wraps and help him figure out a way to get home, he discovers that the creature can communicate with him telepathically. Soon they begin to learn from each other, and Elliott becomes braver and less threatened by life. E.T. rigs up a communication device from junk he finds around the house, but no one knows if he'll be rescued before a group of government scientists gets hold of him.
17 available of 23 items
- Extraterrestrial beings -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Human-alien encounters -- Fiction.
- Life on other planets -- Fiction.
- Unidentified flying objects -- Sightings and encounters -- Fiction.
- Amblin Entertainment (Firm), production company.
- Barrymore, Drew, actor.
- Coyote, Peter, actor.
- Kennedy, Kathleen, 1954- film producer.
- MacNaughton, Robert, 1966- actor.
- Spielberg, Steven, 1946- film director, film producer.
- Stone, Dee Wallace, 1948- actor.
- Thomas, Henry, 1971- actor.
- Universal Pictures (Firm), presenter.
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
Edition: Anniversary edition.
- 1 videodisc (115 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- ET, the extraterrestrial
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1982.
- "Digitally remastered from high resolution 35mm film elements"--Container.
- Special features: Steven Spielberg and E.T., deleted scenes, a look back, the E.T. reunion.
- Dee Wallace, Peter Coyote, Drew Barrymore, Henry Thomas, Robert MacNaughton.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- English or dubbed Spanish or French audio ; subtitled in Spanish or French.
- Subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Academy Awards: Best Visual Effects; Best Score; Best Sound. Academy Award nominations: Best Picture; Best Direction, Steven Spielberg; Best Original Screenplay, Melissa Matheson; Best Cinematography, Allen Daviau; Best Editing, Carol Littleton
Publisher or Distributor Number: