The Limehouse Golem
"London, 1880. A series of gruesome murders attributed to the mysterious 'Limehouse Golem' strikes fear into the heart of the capital. Inspector John Kildare must track down this brutal serial killer in the damp, dark alleyways of riverside London. But how does Dan Leno, music hall star extraordinaire, find himself implicated in this crime spree, and what does Elizabeth Cree, on trial for the murder of her husband, have to hide? Peter Ackroyd brings Victorian London to life in all its guts and glory, as we travel from the glamour of the music hall to the slums of the East End, meeting George Gissing and Karl Marx along the way."--Page  of cover.
1 available of 1 items
- Leno, Dan, 1860-1904 -- Fiction.
- London (England) -- History -- 1800-1950 -- Fiction.
- Serial murders -- Fiction.
Other Authors: Ackroyd, Peter, 1949- Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem.
Description: 264 pages ; 20 cm
- Originally published under the title Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem: London : Sinclair-Stevenson, 1994.
- "Now a major film"--Cover.