The story of a new name
Two friends, Lila and Elena, are now in their twenties. Marriage appears to have imprisoned Lila. Meanwhile, Elena continues her journey of self-discovery. The two young women share a complex and evolving bond that brings them close at times, and drives them apart at others. Each vacillates between hurtful disregard and profound love for the other. With this complicated and meticulously portrayed friendship at the center of their emotional lives, the two girls mature into women, paying the cruel price that this passage exacts.
4 available of 8 items
- Ferrante, Elena. Amica geniale
- Ferrante, Elena. Amica geniale ; book two.
- Neopolitan novels
- Neopolitan novels ; book two
- Thorndike Press large print basic
- Thorndike Press large print basic series.
- Female friendship -- Italy -- Fiction.
- Naples (Italy) -- Fiction.
- Self-realization in women -- Fiction.
Genre: Large type books.
Edition: Large print edition.
- 731 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- large print.
- Translation of: Storia del nuovo cognome.
LCCN: 2016015562Link to PAC