During the Great Depression, Hannah and her family move from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to a homestead in North Dakota, hoping to make a fresh start. They face harsh realities-- and nearly starve-- until Hannah goes into town to look for a job on the ranch of Clay Jenkins and his family. When Hannah begins to have feeling for this English boy, her life becomes more uncertain than ever. -- adapted from back cover
3 available of 3 items
- Byler, Linda. Dakota series
- Byler, Linda. Dakota series ; 1.
- The Dakota series
- The Dakota series ; book 1
- Amish -- Fiction.
- Christian life -- Fiction.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Fiction.
- Farm life -- North Dakota -- Fiction.
- North Dakota -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
Edition: Large print edition.
- 495 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- large print
LCCN: 2018042775Link to PAC